What boomer and senior marketing resources captured the most clicks, shares and conversation last week? Read on for our regular links round-up.
1. MOST CLICKED: Did you know that an old channel (email) can help you be more effective with a new channel (social)? Chris Penn explains how:
Facebook and Twitter “can accept an upload of email addresses from your existing email marketing platform or CRM… With these new advertising platforms, your email list is now at the heart of your retargeting abilities. With your email house list, you can now reach people in multiple, different channels to make sure they see the important stuff.”
Learn six ways to use Twitter’s Tailored Audiences: http://bit.ly/N2Uydi
Learn 10 ways to use Facebook’s Custom Audiences: http://bit.ly/1f67hYH
2. MOST SHARED: Will Millennials change the home marketplace? A Better Homes & Gardens survey claims they will. However, after more than a decade marketing active adult housing, Creating Results can’t help but noticing most of the Millennial demands are just like mom and dad’s.
- Per BHG, ”Millennials are swarming into the home marketplace armed with information, ideas and a passionate desire for personalization.” Hard to believe any age group could do more research than Baby Boomers, and the generation’s desire for experiences and products customized just for them is legendary.
- Per BHG, Millennials want work spaces in their home for office and crafts work. Just like the most popular floor plans at senior living and 50+ housing communities …
- Per BHG, Millennials will consider children in their decor choices. Well, there we part ways. Boomers typically consider themselves, their adult children AND aging parents when kitting out their homes.
Read the press release on the survey: http://bit.ly/1hpEkce
And do share your comments below!
3. Also of note: More than 50 people clicked from our latest Mature Marketing “Quick Facts” quarterly email to find out what social networks boomers and seniors are using now. Another 40+ clicked to learn more about content marketing.
Read the eNewsletter: http://bit.ly/1kO1r0r
Subscribe, and be among the first to get Quick Facts by email: http://eepurl.com/DewP