Snowy days and Mondays always got you down? We’ve got the cure. Put on your shades and dream of Las Vegas, as it prompted the top content in this week’s 50+ marketing links round-up.
1. MOST CLICKED: Creating Results’ Sally O’Donnell went to Las Vegas in late January, for the International Builders’ Show. Her focus at the conference (as it is on a daily basis) was 50+ or “active adult” housing. Sally fought the crowds on the show floor, attended various sessions and cheered on two of our clients who won national Best of 50+ Housing Awards. (See below.)
Then Sally made her way back to our West Coast office and shared “A Millennial’s Perspective on Marketing to Boomers,” a series of posts for this blog.
To continue the Vegas theme, her first post was a winning hand. She wrote:
“Did you know that the average attention span now is only 8 seconds? That’s less than the attention span of a goldfish. While I didn’t even know that goldfish had attention spans, it brings to light a critical issue in marketing to your audience.
You now have less time than it took Usain Bolt to break a world record to introduce and reinforce your brand so that people even take a second look.”
Find out how Sally recommends 50+ housing marketers “get lucky in 8 seconds:” http://bit.ly/1AO7Q4q
2. MOST SHARED: Part 2 of Sally’s 50+ housing series had our audience of mature marketing pros going all in, re-tweeting, sharing and favoriting the post.
“It’s time to invest in your website the way you would invest in a model home or printing collateral,” she wrote, and offered some recent research findings to explain why. Larry Guengerich of Landis Homes then shared a terrific example of website upgrades in a comment on the post.
Check out Landis’ idea, and add your own: http://bit.ly/1zOCaZG
3. Also of note:
* 4 Things Every CEO Should Know About Their Inbound Marketing, by Neil Eniex http://bit.ly/1KA7JLE
* Video will become the “content of choice” + more predictions from Social Media Examiner http://bit.ly/1zOCOq3
* “Next year, old people will be the new puppy dogs” of Super Bowl advertising, says the Ad Contrarian in his recap of the Big Game’s big ads http://bit.ly/1733KZO
A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to Creating Results’ clients on their 2015 Best of 50+ Housing awards!
Liberty Healthcare was honored with two Gold awards, for the “Best 50+ Independent Living Community On the Boards,” and “Best 50+ Fitness & Wellness Program.” Fantastic news!
Traditions of America received 6 Golds and 1 Silver, including four awards for marketing. Creating Results is proud to have partnered with Traditions on these innovative programs. And we just had to take a photo of our favorite Millennial after the event …
Kudos to Sally and the whole team!