Mature Marketing Links of the Week – 2/13/12
Happy Monday! Following are the links and resources that were most shared, clicked on and commented on via Twitter and LinkedIn last week.
1. MOST CLICKED: Good internal communications are critical for the success of your external marketing http://ow.ly/8RcI0
“Make sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing,” writes UK blogger Kevin Baughen. Kevin specializes (that’s specialises for our British readers) in helping non-profits with their communications. His post points out that without good internal comms and team work, your brand can’t achieve its marketing goals.
2. A handful of links tied for the “MOST SHARED” title last week.
– If your image of retirees is old people in Florida, think again. The state is now fighting to lure baby boomers. ow.ly/8WEHM
– New post: Is 50+ Housing Declining or Thriving? Stats on household income growth among baby boomers and seniors offer context; excerpts from Todd Haff’s panel presentation at the International Builders’ Show. ow.ly/8Y7dE
– Big thinker (& older innovator) Joseph Coughlin of the MIT Age Lab addressed the idea of age & innovation. I confess a quote Coughlin included from venture capitalist Vinod Khosla set my teeth on edge: “People under 35 are the people who make change happen…People over 45 basically die in terms of new ideas.” Read the full post at ow.ly/8Vlgu
3. Also of interest:
– Marketing to the 50+ Home Buyer: Social Media and Much More. Excerpts from Beth Rand’s presentation at the International Builders’ Show. http://t.co/stZPHWPn
– Pinning the future of communications on visuals. http://t.co/FJBvb7aB
As the author, Sarah Skerik, writes: “[C]ommunicators have to redouble their efforts when it comes to visuals. Visuals carry extra weight on Facebook and Google+, they’re rendered on Twitter (drawing more attention to the tweet) and are what makes services like Flipboard and Pinterest so compelling and useful.
Was there a link or resource you felt was of importance to mature marketers but it was overlooked in this round-up? Please share it in the comments, below.